BIG leaf bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by horseman201, Jan 1, 2006.

1. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

I had a guy getting me bags from the local Bridgestone tire plant. They were big pieces of plastic that covered the steel for the tires. It was sealed on both ends and the steel was inside. When you cut the plastic in half it made two large bags that were 6ft. X 6ft. Now on to my question.

Where can you find large bags to haul leaves and clippings????

I have bought tarps and sewn them together to make bags but that gets expensive.

2. irishgoldcleanups

irishgoldcleanups LawnSite Member

why would you use bags to haul leaves?????

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I know exactly what you are talking about.....when we do bushes or pampas grass we rake into tarps and then dump into dumsters. Much easier than using tash cans or baging the stuff.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

5. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I got almost the exact same bags at Menards for around $6.00/. They last a couple of years and are convenient in lots of ways. We usually buy 4 or 5 a year.
    They are good for unloading the collection bags in strategic spots. Then one guy drags it to the truck while you continue your mow or cleanup. Saves having to drive both mowers to the truck to unload.

6. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

I went to Menards.com and could not find the bags. Do you have another web address for them?

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah its called a 20k leaf bag,lol:dizzy: payup Why not just do what a lot of us do and tarp them into a truck then go back for more? You can always leave a tarp on the bottom so unloading can be made easier.

8. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Usually they only have them around Aug till around Oct.

In some cases the bags work better because they are lighter and can be gotten into places that a tarp would be too clumsy for. I do use tarps too. (Gotta get a leaf loader.)

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I would like those big bags for dumping the grass in from the few props that i bag the clippings on. Would work great!

10. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

I have never seen them online. I go to the local store to get them.