Big League Lawn Striper...opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Otizzy, May 5, 2007.

1. Otizzy

Otizzy LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a striper to add on my 48" Toro Z400. What are your opinions on these big league lawn stripers? I appreciate your input.

2. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

They work great, I have one on my Great Dane 52" and it really makes a difference. They don't get in the way when walking or when using a sulke/velke. I highly recommend getting one, you won't regret it.

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

big league striper? OK, I'll bite what are they? I have never heard of them. Do you guys have a link where I can see them? or- is this some kind of homemade device? I am actually looking for something for my Toro groundsmaster.

4. Otizzy

Otizzy LawnSite Member

5. jsf343

Thanks bro, I will check it out. Does it have the cost info too? I will find out.

6. jsf343

wow, pretty interesting. I didn't see if you can adjust the tension upward (for less of a stripe) or downward (for more) thats a question for Joshlawns unless someone else knows. Thanks for the info.

7. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

No you can't adjust the tension, it's just basically a set of heavy rubberized wheels that floats with the landscape behind the mower.

8. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

They work very well and really add no noticeable weight to the machine. You will not be dissapointed if you buy one.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

They suck. I had one (actually I had a couple) for my Exmark TT. The brackets were ruined almost immediately in both cases. Maybe the brackets are designed better now, and maybe they work better on a rider. At any rate, I threw mine in the garbage after a few weeks of trying to maintain the brackets, etc.

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

How did you break the brackets ??