Big or Small

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 11, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What is everybody goals next year in regards to staying small or get bigger? Do you want to stay small, or do you want to grow?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

If any 1 wants to stay small there scrubs.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how do you figure Turf?

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

bigger. I am looking to put on a helper full time in spring and a second one soon after. Accounts willing.

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to add 1 new crew to take some of the load off. I am also hiring a guy in February who has had 8 years of irrigation installation experience. He will help us to grow in this area.

6. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I think I will change the the direction of my company, continue to grow at a rate my finances can handle, cut some services that I don't profit on that much, try to increase profits and not put so much emphasis on gross dollars.

can't lose if I accomplish that................

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

what does that even mean? I would like to increase my bottom line while staying as small as possible. it has nothing to do with being a scrub. just cuz a guy looks big, doesn't mean its as profitable as a smaller, more efficient, low overhead set up.

8. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Stay small we have all we can handle.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Would like to grow a little not sure how much or how little may just add a couple extra days of cutting with extra guys or maybe even try to fill a whole route not sure yet.

10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

scrub?
    [​IMG]