Big Pond Finished And Looks Really Good What do you think

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by FNCPonds, Jun 30, 2009.

1. FNCPonds

FNCPonds LawnSite Member

Well has been awhile since I have posted anything. I have been busy opening a retail store and getting ponds yet is still slow. How about you guys picking up any?

This is a project that took 4 1/2 days and turned out very nice.

15' Cascading waterfalls, 4 x 5 wetland falling into 2 - 20' x 20' ponds with at 9' canal connecting the two.

Hope you Like

Cole
    www.FncPonds.com

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

2. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

great looking pond~!

3. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper LawnSite Member

Looks great!

4. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

looks nice.

With that size pond i would have made the water fall area bigger.

5. FNCPonds

FNCPonds LawnSite Member

I went with what the customer was paying for and we made the waterfall and wetland just about right with at 10,000 gallon pump. It turned out really nice customer was very happy is all that matters.

Thanks for the reply's

6. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the wetlands the only biological filtration that you have? That size may not be sufficient for both ponds if fish are to be added.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Tad what would be the proper filtration for a pond this size.
    What would be a good balance of plants and fish?
    Thanks I'm trying to learn as much as possible about ponds.

8. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you get the water to flow over the rocks on the waterfall? I built a pond and the water likes to go under the rock.

9. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper LawnSite Member

Is this a joke????:confused:

10. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Tyler---Did you seal the rock with foam? Sounds not.

Aztlan---For ideal filtration I combine all three types: mechanical, biological and phyto.When you can combine the bio and phyto into one unit, such as a constructed wetlands, most of your water quality problems are solved. The ideal target size for a wetlands filter is 10% of the pond's surface area. FNC has 2 20 x 20 ponds = 800 sq/ft.
    Wetlands filter should be 10% or 80 sq/ft. How many plants should you have? There is no formula as different plants have different rates of nutrient demand and uptake. You should have enough to keep the water crystal clear (no algae) without a UV. As to fish, if we are talking about goldfish (sarassa, comets shubunkins, etc.), ideal stocking levels would be one per 50 gallon of water, for Koi, one per 200-300 gallons of water. The ultimate size of the fish must be considered when stocking, not to mention that they will spawn and add to the initial pond population.