Big snake in the yard

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cutman2000, Oct 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Member

While working on a client's yard, I saw a big black snake move across the lawn and into the hedge that I just finished cutting. This place is swamped with huge trees, so I wasn't sure if the snake came out of the sewer or a tree. I hate snakes and spiders. I'm thinking of letting this account go if the client refuses to get someone out there.

What would you do?

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Snakes are beneficial. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone. My Rat Terrier keeps killing rat snakes in my back yard. The little sucker is going to need a new home of he keeps it up.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If it's a Bull/Black snake, then it's a rodent eater. Leave it alone and let it do it's job.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

#1 take yur girlfriends panties off and put on some big boy undies. #2 stop being a sissy. #3 leave the snake alone and it wont bite yur a$$.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

He's just out looking for some mice! I always enjoyed when we were out in the field, and I'd sleep in the tank, then we'd wake up and I'd look outside at my crew that slept on the ground, and they've got bugs all over them.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

^^^ that ^^^

7. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Member

I must be the only one here afraid of snakes.

8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'd recommend you purchase a snake and handle it frequently. You'll soon find out they're not that bad. If nothing else you'll find out the bite is similar to a bee sting.;)

9. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I dont want one around me but Im sure not canning customers over it. Maybe Im missing something. Are you in the south where snakes kill you because I guess Im not thinking about that problem living in NY

10. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I keep count every year.... to date 13 killed.... 8 copper heads and the rest garter snakes.... thick around here, even in the burbs.