Big Snow heading for the Northeast

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Mike Nelson, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Not to rub it in for you guys that aren't getting any snow.They are predicting 8-16 inches for us.
    Came into the dispatch office at 430am and just waitng for this thing to crank up.Keep you posted throughout the day.

Stay Tuned!

2. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, same predictoin here in MA, starting around noon. Im ready and waiting.

3. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Have fun guys, be careful, nothing called for here all week, high 30's, light snow at night. I just got new heater for garage will probably start getting lawn equipment ready for season, or somthing. I'm starting to get bored. Working on landscape proposals as spec's come in. But don't mind that it's not snowing, bank accounts, staying nice, as seasonal payments are coming in, gas, salaries, & repairs are nice & low if nothings moving.
    Again, good luck, be safe.

4. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

None here in Connecticut yet but it's sure cold enough. I live at 1100 feet elevation and it normally comes here quick.

5. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

I stand corrected by mother nature; It's now snowing here on the edge of Hartford and Litchfield county. Have fun and be careful.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Jeez, in the past 10 min it went from nothing to "cant see across the street" status.

The good part: its a weekend evening. The bad part: I could never sleep during the day, so it will be a 24-36 hour straight running on caffeine storm for me.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Mike, not to rub it in but you are, aren't you?

8. matthew Urban

matthew Urban LawnSite Member

Here it comes,

12-18" in western mass. and its started. its gonna be a long night.

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Forecast for hudson valley NY just updated to 9-15" by midnight.

10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

We have had six inches so far, since 11:45. Thats almost 3 an hour. I made a few passes at the industrial park but its not even worth the trouble, covers up as fast as you move it.

I think Ill try to get a nap in.