1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Big storm Sunday!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cos, Feb 15, 2003.

1. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Well Maybe. It all depends what path the storm takes. Is everyone in the Northeast ready?

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I guess we sort of have to be ready. WERE STUCK WITH IT!! Doesn't really matter to me anymore, I'll be in Florida Tuesday. Was hoping to come back and get right to work, but I don't think that's going to happen. Oh well. :mad:
  3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

It's SNOWTIME!!!!!!!
  4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we're in the harrisburg pa area...i've always found Accuweather to be pretty good forecasters...them seem to be holding their cards and not saying much....lets make some educated guesses since allot of us are pretty good weather predictors...I say for interior PA.......total around 10 inches....how bout some more guesstimates for where you live....
  5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

They are saying 6-12 inches here. Just a couple of days ago it was only going to be a wintery mix. Now maybe a foot of snow. They don't have a clue. $5 million satellites and supercomputers and they were just as accurate 20 years ago.
  6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

BARKLEY...you took the words out of my mouth...20 years later and all the new technology...and they are no better....well what should we expect from govt workers....imagine being a govt worker (cant get fired no matter what) and on top of that a GOVT employed weather person...what a cake job that would be
  7. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I was ready for the first storm? 3-6 we only got a half inch...:angry: For the sunday storm I will believe it when I see it
  8. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday morning the forecast for my area called for up to 10" by this morning, by 6 pm it was down to 1-3". Today, nothing not a flake.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

They're saying at least 6" for here in NW New Jersey...then again, I'll believe it when I see it. Wish I had a job like those guys. Wrong 1/2 of the time and still get paid. What a racket!
  10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, must be tracking straight east as we are not supposed to get anything...generally we get nicked by these storms enough to plow...

so far since new years haven't plowed more than 2"at a time...i know in the states, and eastern canada you've been hammered.

from memory i think i've only plowed more than 3" only twice...and one was mid november!

have only had to go out again and check drive windrows the next day a couple times this yr. but we have plowed a bit, eight? times i think, but just a couple inches a time.

which is fine by me.