1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Big Tex Trailers?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by whiteclifflawn, Jun 2, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I am looking at getting a big tex 18' landscape trailer, and was wondering if any of you guys have one, and what you thing of it, is it worth the extra money? I think it probably is, local guys around here sell honestly POS. they are more probs than there worth. just wanting some feed back.
  2. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and I love it. LOVE it.
  3. bill w

bill w LawnSite Member
    from Va.

If that's the one with the tubing instead of angle iron...yes it's worth it.
  4. pagefault

No, it's angle. It's very well built though, IMO. The gate locks, the box in the front locks, the trimmer rack locks. There's tons of room for everything.

The one complaint I have is that the jack does not fold out of the way.
  5. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

what is the overall width of the trailer? 102? or smaller?
  6. pagefault

I'd have to measure. It's a tight, but comfortable fit through the door on a 10' wide storage unit. I'm guessing that mine is about 80" wide and that the larger ones are very close to 102".
  7. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

If i ever buy a open trailer again i will be buying another Big-Tex. I guess the one that you are talikin about has the 4'ides on it.

When i sold the trailer it ended up costing me a set of tires and $300 for 2 years of service. It was on of the bes built trailers i have ever pulled or used.
  8. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

try a PEFORMANCE trler they are made by Parker trailers and they are a better buy as BIG TEX to me is higher I know I live about 20 miles from where they are made In MT Pleasant Tx we just bought our 3 goose neck from Parker and we are well pleased I just had them make a gooseneck out of my bumper pull trailer and it is a world of difference email if you would like pic of what the trailer looks like now
  9. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

10. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

Big Tex makes a quality trailer, I have a 16ft pipe. Any trailers in my future will be Big Tex or better if I find it.