Big Tex Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by johnhenry, May 16, 2003.

1. Anyone use these big tex trailers. I have heard alot about them and have a chance at a brand new one for $2700. Is this a good price and how well are they built.The dealer here has to order one so he doesnt have one for me to see off hands .Any comments welcome
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

What size is it???? $2700 seems steep. I bought my 6.5 X 12 ft for about $1100 new, just priced out a 16 ft tandem axel with 7000GVW for $2100 including brakes and dual gate.
  3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a Big Tex 6.5 x 12 with 15 in. tires and 24 in. high mesh sides & love it. Paid $1,350 for it new (great price). It's rugged, built to last. The rails are nice because they are 2.25 in. tubular & you can lean over it or bump into it without taking a beating. Everyone loves that trailer, I get complimented on it all of the time & folks want to know where I bought it.
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I own two Big Tex trailers. One is a 6.5'x12' and the other is 5.5'x8' . I've been very pleased with both. I paid $1000.00 for the 6.5x12' and the paint even matched my truck. Seems like good quality trailers. They have website
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

That is not the company website
  6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 16 ft. Big Tex that was purchased new in 1987. It is still my main trailer to this day. They build a great trailer. I have painted it a couple times and new tires a couple times, but that is to be expected.
  7. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

8. soarkrebel

soarkrebel LawnSite Member

I have a texas bragg 6.5 x 12 with a ramp. that i paid $750 for in mt pleasant tx at the factory. texas braggs are built just down the interstate from the big tex factory.

Now i just had a 20 ft ,7000 gvw, tandem , brakes,with ramp pockets built for $1200 . a guy in hot springs builds them and sends them all over the nation for sale.
    john henry for the price you stated you could still save by driving to hot springs ark. it is a very high quality trailer. if your interested i can PM you a phone number to call and a name . your choice of colors too.
  9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Hey soar, welcome to LS. What part of AR you in?
  10. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

I had a 5x10 trailer...sold it and picked up a Big Tex 6.5x12, paid $1349.00 for it. At the time of this picture I didn't get the trimmer rack and back blower rack on it but I did manage to get some accounts mowed.

new trailer2.jpg