Big Time Rip Offs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Bought a mower a month ago from G-r-a-v-e-l-y, pro walk. they took my money and sold me a 4 blade system the same one that there still advertising on there web site. Went to pick up the mower yesterday and found out that G-r-a-v-l-e-y knew they can't sell the blades but they never once called me, waited for me to pick it up and use it. I contacted G-r-a-v-l-e-y and they have not responded. Good spo-nsor or big ripoff ? I think its a ripoff
    What everyone opinions? :angry:

See how long this thread stays up before they pull it becouse of them being a great spon-sor

Mac

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

sorry to hear that mac. it's a damn shame when you pay good money for something, then get lied to, then get a no return call when there's a problem.

3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Thats just wrong, you'd better get justice

4. olderthandirt

from here

Yea I wonder if they would let me use one of there mowers for a month to decide if I likes it?

Mac

5. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sorry to hear that they are that poor of buisness people and they have let you down. I can safely say that I remeber these types of things and will not be looking at G-R-A-V-E-L-Y ANY TIME SOON!

6. olderthandirt

from here

FFMED74
    Eric I think if more people would remember poor customer relations from a co. that wants are $$$$ we could weed out the rip offs

Mac

7. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up Mac that is just wrong.

8. olderthandirt

from here

Just wanted to let all know how they treat customers

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

What is this 4 Blade System you speak of?

10. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

"Bought a mower a month ago from G-r-a-v-e-l-y, pro walk. they took my money and sold me a 4 blade system"

First off .. why are you typing hyphens between the letters in Gravely?

Who took your money? Your dealer when you paid for it? ... then your dealer talked you into buying a 4 blade system.?

"same one that there still advertising on there website" ?
    On whos website? Gravely or your dealer? Are you talking about the 'double blade kit ' ??

"Went to pick up the mower yesterday and found out that G-r-a-v-l-e-y knew they can't sell the blades but they never once called me, waited for me to pick it up and use it."

I'm having a hard time breaking this one down... You went to pick up your new mower at the dealer, when you got there the dealer told you they can't sell you the blades cuz Gravely stopped sales of them? Your mad cuz you drove all that way when they could have called you and save you a trip? (again, not sure if I understand this from the beginning)

"I contacted G-r-a-v-l-e-y and they have not responded"

When and how did you contact them? Did you call them? If you sent them an email .... I would suggest calling.

"Good spo-nsor or big ripoff ? I think its a ripoff"

Gravely is a great sponsor. They are one of our industries top manufactures and have always done the right thing. Gravely a ripoff..?? Thats like labeling the Ford Motor Company a big ripoff because of a customer complaint.. hardly. Give them a chance to take care of whatever problem you have ... Jumping on a public forum before you give them time to contact you and spouting off words like "ripoff" is the wrong approach.

"What everyone opinions?"

Search through LawnSite.com and you can read comments from many, many satisfied Gravely owners ... you can also find members who had problems which were resolved to satisfaction.

Again.. I had a hard time understanding your post ... I'm not sure if this is something you brought up in the past and I only have half the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.