Big Truck.......anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&R, Feb 24, 2005.

1. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Has anyone seen a photo of the new International cXt? OMG......that thing is a monster. Estimated cost is 90g's and it is supposed to do it all and do it all well. Here are some of the spec's that I know.

4 x 4 dually
    dump bed
    payload something around 12,000#'s
    towing equal to a single axle dump truck
    custom options available
    crew cab
    ground clearance looks to be 3 feet in the photo

This thing looks P i s s e d o f f!

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a picture of it some time ago when it came out. I think it's a really cool picture, and truck, but unless I was a yuppy I don't think I would be buying one. The truck bed on it is pointless, it's too high up in the air to put anything in. The only point in my opinion would be to draw attention to yourself driving something like this. Personally, I could care less about drawing attention to myself, I buy what I like. The expense for a truck that size, (tires, gas, insurance, etc..) would be enormous, not including the cost of the truck. I could buy 2 brand new f-350's for that price, or better yet buy one good truck and put the rest towards a house and watch my money grow.

Here are some good pictures:

CXT-2.gif

rxt.jpg

mxt.jpg

3. D&R

D&R LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I agree. I would never buy one either, but you know someone buys these things just to look cool (or so they think) I do think it would work well for plowing snow and doing Pepsi commercials :rolleyes:

4. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea the International, It's like an F-650 with a pickup bed

6. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

here are some in person pics i took at the chicago auto show last week

DSCN1123.JPG

DSCN1122.JPG

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

There's a handful of celebrities that are driving these (and similar), like Carson Daily (sp?), and Ashton Kucher (sp?), and a couple others I can't remember.

It would be kind of fun to drive one around for a day, but that's about it. Wouldn't own one (even if I had their money)

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hmmm, on second thought, after looking at the black MXT version in the attachment above (in ECM Lawns post), I kinda like that one. Looks kinda "Hummer-ish". Maybe I could see that one in my driveway afterall. :)

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I agree, I like the MXT one

10. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Like the guy in the Pepsi commercial..... Just go buy an old Pepsi truck and put it in the "air" like a monster truck !!!

That looks "cool" too and alot cheaper :cool2: