Big Weed removal Job...Need advice!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by pattytastik, Aug 30, 2011.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

So I just got offered a pretty big job. The client and I decided to split it into a few separate jobs. The first job is completely removing all of the weeds and crap for these 2 big beds that run along the driveway. I would say the beds are both about 30 ft long and 3-4 feet in depth. She wants me to take everything out so that it wont grow back. What i'm planning is to completely flip the soil (by hand) until its all nice dirt (removing all of the crap). Ultimately we will be mulching and planting some stuff so I will not spray anything (i'm also not licensed to do so). I will then put down "Preen" which I really like and find that it works very well.

Am I going about this the right way?
    Also the two trees are part of the job, so I will have to take those out as well. She doesn't care to much if that comes out by the roots or just cut down to the ground.

How long do you think this could take for 2 workers?

Thanks in advance for all the help, I really really appreciate it.

7345 Lorreto Job1 pic1.jpg

7345 Lorreto Job1 pic3.jpg

7345 Lorreto Job1 pic2.jpg

7345 Lorreto Job1 pic4.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I know what I'd do.

I'd walk my articulating head hedge trimmer down that line and clean that area up in short order. Little raking, and you're at ground level with everything.

What in the world is up with that downspout? I've never seen anything like that.

3. pattytastik

Yeah that's something along the lines of what I was thinking. How long do you think it would take? How much would you charge?

4. vencops

from NC

It wouldn't take hardly any time to cut it.

Removing it would be a different story.

I wouldn't hazard a guess at my price, unless I was there.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would do the same thing with hedge trimmers. I also would want at least $400 for a complete cleanup. I also wouldn't count on this being a repeat/good customer, when they let it get this way they can't/won't pay to keep it clean.

6. pattytastik

When you say a complete cleanup do you mean mulch too, or just taking out the weeds?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Just cleanup, like I said PITA jobs need a little extra.

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

when I saw the pics that was the number that popped into my head. That would be a good monday morning job for me, my hedge trimmer, rake, tarp and dump trailer.

9. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

hedge trimmers and raking out/loading up including those trees that are growing in there your talkking aobut 1 hour max, then for 2 guys probably another 2 hours to dig out that area to get roots and such. 1/2 days worth of work at max including mulching. For everything Id probably be in the park of $200-250 on the cleanup and then your at like 1.5 yards of mulch for that area at 2" depth so, for everything probably 290-340 max.

10. vencops

from NC

I'd sub it out to luke!