Big Yard!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Watson's Landscaping, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys just a little ? helped out my aunt today by cutting her 18 acer(spelling) lot today. With a 60" ztr, a wheelhorse, and a ford tractor with finishing mower on it, it took 3 hours with no trimming and let me say theres alot for trimming to be done. So lets just get a few price's from you guys out there, I know its hard not seeing the lot but like I said lots of trimming (1-2hr), two ponds, a barn and house, so lets see some price's on a weekly lawn cutting for this very BIG YARD!!! :dizzy:

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

My largest yard is only 1 acre and I charge $95. 18 acres would have to be at least $750/week

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

540, $30 an acre.

4. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey to the two guys that replyed thanks

5. Zaro T Man

Zaro T Man LawnSite Member

My largest yard is 2.5 acres, it is a dream mow. Very flat. I have approx 10 minutes worth of trimming and 5 minutes with my 21 trim mower, the other time is spent on the Toro ZTR, total time for job is 1.45 hours, pay is $75.00.

6. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

5 hrs using all her equipment? Probably $150 - $200

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Watson's, just looked at your location. Do you know any equipment dealers near you for decent prices? I bought some stuff at one on Gratiot, I think it was between Mount Clemens and closer to Detroit but I forget the name of the place. I'm going over in the next couple of weeks and don't want to go all the way to J. Thomas. Their hours suck.
    I'm looking for Walker blades, some tires and blades for my Bobcats 61"s. I might pick up a couple more Lawnboys at Home Depot if they still have them on sale. CDN dollar is at 94 right now so Michigan stuff is pretty reasonable.

8. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

Did you have employees mowing too? Count up your man hours (for example, 3 men for 3 hours = 9 man hours) and I like to make at least $50-$60/hr. I have a cemetery that I mow(app. 2-3 acres), and my brother and I can mow it in 45 minutes flat, 2 60" ztr's going. Minimal weed-eating, thanks to herbicides sprayed around the head-stones and along the fence lines. And it's $200. You do the math. Better to overbid and not get it than underbid and be stuck for a year!

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Many city park systems around here sub out mowing. 60 - 100 acres? $40 - $50 per acre.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have a customer who has 10 acers, there is a creek, 27 trees in the front yard. pool, appartment, dog yard, dog castle, and several flower beds to trim around.....

we agreed on 250.00 every 10 days, she gets about 3 acres cut each visit.
    at the end of the month everything has been cut and trimed for that month.

at the back of the proptery there is a creek that there is NO trimming around, the other creek is more of a nice ditch, " if you can imagine that "

I wind up with 750.00 for the month, for 10 acers, not tooo bad.