BigDave (All Trail Tires)

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lahanko, Jun 22, 2004.

1. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Dave,
    Well, I could not take it any more, I ordered a pair of those All Trail tires today.
    It seems the dryer it gets the harder the ground gets, makes sense right?
    My plan is to mount the All Trail tires up and give them a try. If the All Trail tires prove out I will take my Super Lugs and mount them on new rims. This way I will have the best of both worlds. Super Lugs for spring, really damp or wet conditions, and All Trails for summer and fall when the ground is too hard for the Super Lugs to get traction.

BTW, I posted this on the Exmark Site and probably should not have.

2. BigDave

BigDave LawnSite Member

Wow, well let me know how it works out.

I recently saw the tire on a tractor as standard equipment - I think it was a Cub 4x4 at my dealer.

Does the 23/10.5-12 size work out for your ZTR? My Exmark HP takes a 24/9.5 standard, or you can buy a rim to take a 24/12 (which I did). The All Trail's width didn't work for me, and even if it would have, being an inch lower would have thrown off my deck angle.

But, I hope it works out great for you.

3. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Stock tire on my Toro is 23 x 9.5 x 12.
    I am sure it will work out just fine.
    My Super Lugs are 23 x 10.5 x 12

4. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Here they are all ready to go...

[​IMG]

5. BigDave

BigDave LawnSite Member

Yep, those are the All-Trails all-right. I'll be interested to hear about their traction vs. turf-tearing ratio. From one side, I hope they're not *too* good, so I won't have to regret my decision to switch them out for the AT101s. :)

6. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Dave,
    Update, so far so good.
    The tires seem to hold the same traction regardless of conditions and they do not clog up with mud or grass. These are on to stay.
    At least until some other tire sparks my imagination, LOL.

7. BigDave

BigDave LawnSite Member

I'm surprised to hear that they don't clog. And you didn't mention it, so I assume they're not overly tearing the ground. So, that's excellent.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

lahanko,

I don't think you have posted since you posted in my tire thread. I really hope you are still around because I want to see how those tires are doing for you these days?

I'm thinking about getting them too because they are an OEM Kit option for my mower.

9. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

ENVY,
    I have no complaints with the tires to date. I am sure some day another set will tickle my fancy and I’ll have to get them. But for now I’m satisfied.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I gotta assume the traction is really good with them.

But I wonder how they track on the turf and I wonder how turf friendly they are?

My Turf Masters get pretty good traction and they are not bad on turf. But they really tend to lay a number on it when they don't get good traction. So i'm thinking more traction equals less tears, because these are not the operator error type tears.

Like I said though, I've been wanting to try some. I'm just trying to be more sure of myself because in my case it will cost me $250 maybe more just to try them.