1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bigger tires on a Surfer?

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by UGA, Jul 16, 2003.

1. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering trying bigger tires on my Surfer mainly to lessen the dramatic footprint that my machine leaves behind compared to Z's and wb's. I am currently running 18X8.5-8's and am considering going to a 20X10 which will be wider and taller and hopefully dramatically improve the footprint my mower makes (yeah and me weighing 250 has something to do with that). The back brackets that are attached to the wheel motors and that are used for raising or lowering the deck in the rear are in the middle slots so I only have a couple of inches to work with in the rear. I am going to check this after mounting them as well as obviously making sure they don't rub anywhere. Is there anything else I should make sure I check before attempting this? Also will the hydros handle the increased size? Has anyone else attempted this? Thanks for any feedback.