Biggest blower... sthil?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I was chatting with a Stihl rep last weeks and I was telling him how our br420c and 340 are a joke and I plan on replacing them with shinny or redmax. His reply....wait till you see the 4 stroke they will be called the br 500 and the 600 as he said. Now I just might wait to see what he is talking about.

Anyone heard of this?

2. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

Darn glad I read this! I was actually going to go buy another BR420 tomorrow! I'll talk to the salesman and see what he says about this new blower. Thanks for putting the work out!:D

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, just talked to my rep about this. The new backpack will be a 4-mix powered unit, only weigh onces more than the 2 strokes. Also rumor is that Stihl is SICK of hearing about how powerful Redmax/Shindawia/Echo is. So expect this new blower to be the new king in power bar none.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I really don't expect to see this unit until next summer/fall.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I gave up on Stihl a few years ago. Every blower I've ever used from them takes too long to start. Every one. After one year or so, it takes at LEAST 6 pulls to start it. 3 on choke and then 3 with no choke. No time for all that.

6. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

ElephantNest - I too have to pull my br400 6 times to get it to run. However I have the power setting on low. It takes me the same amount of pulls on my shin 630 when it is cold.

Thats really good to hear about the br600. I need a good fuel efficient powerful backpack. I get so tired of filling the tank on my 630.

7. My dealer told me the new ones would be ready for spring if it is im going back home to sthil blowers

8. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

Well, Looks like Redmax woke up the Sthil people! Remember, even though the 4mix doesn't have a sump, (less weight) it still has all those moving parts that will wear out. (valves, springs, guides, rockers, etc etc etc) Redmax meets all epa regulations far beyond standards with their Stratocharged engines. Weight to power ratio.... The 7001 is hard to beat. The way they are changing all their products over to Stratocharged units, I'm sure it won't be long till the 7001 is too.

9. bpurser154

bpurser154 LawnSite Member

Why would you want a blower with more moving parts. (4 stroke engines)

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on getting the "MAC DADDY" of all back pack blowers.
    It'll move leaves, bricks, small children and dogs. Just about anything that isn't nailed down. It's a little rough on fuel comsumption, and it weighs a little more than the competition but you only have to stand in one spot to blow the entire yard. Yes, that's right, it's the Acme BR5000!

engine1.jpg