biggest lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenman92, Jul 25, 2008.

1. greenman92

greenman92 LawnSite Member

Im starting this thread to see how large of lawns you guys are mowing. My biggest lawn is a 12 acre mansion. It takes me and another guy 3 hours to mow, trim, edge, and blow on a John Deere 727 with a 54" and a John Deere 1435 with a 72" and a John Deere G15 walk behind.

DSC00940.jpg

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Currently my largest is 3 ferted and irrigated. A few years a go I did a 6 acre, but she foreclosed and it is 5 feet tall. How long is the longest run.

3. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

wow. thats a lot of grass. i wouldnt even know how to price that. looks to be in the ballpark of about 350 a cut? easy mowing though

4. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

3 acres for the church, lots of trimming and edging

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what are you charging for a job that big being you have another guy.

6. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

HOLEY JEEZ that is monster..im in the city so anything a tad bigger then an acre is real big for me...

would you mind me asking how much you charge? three hours sounds pretty quick judging from the pic.. nice job!

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

according to the size of his mowers, he can mow close to 6 acres an hour between the two of them. That leaves an hour for trimming and blowing. My guess would be $350 also.

According to Scag's website, their 61" deck can mow 23.7 acres in 8 hours. Or 2.9 acres per hour.

I mowed 2.5 acres today at one of my stops. The property has 14 trees and shrubs to mow around 4 are huge hollies and one rubber tree that spans 40ft across! Then a big hill in the back that accounts for over an acre that is all sloped. I had it finished in a hour and 20 minutes! No trimming this week. I trim every other week at that stop. :D

8. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

18,000 square feet here :D

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

a little over an acre with 10 trees, 2 rock walls, and a fence that needs trimming on both sides and underneath. takes 35-40 minutes to mow 10-15 min to trim and 3 mins to blow

10. TheKingOfLawns

TheKingOfLawns LawnSite Member

What do you charge for that, like 20 bucks?

-----that would be every jag that walks by and talks your ear off about your prices, and wants a quote.....sound familier??