Biggest mulch job i've ever been asked to bid on

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by pattytastik, Apr 5, 2012.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

The job requires 15 yards of mulch. Beds are already defined and there is very little "bed prep" to do. There is also some hedge trimming but i am comfertable with pricing that. The attached proposal includes the hedge trimming as well as applying some weed killer to some weeds. Subtract 350 out of the price to see what just the mulch is. Am I too low? Too high? Thoughts? thanks

Attached Files:

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on the amount of bushes to be trimmed id say your right on the money.

If the job doesnt require a ton of bed prep i usually charge 55-60$ bucks a yard installed for labor on mulch. So right there thats $900 bucks labor just for the mulch then add the bushes to be trimmed 15 minutes of spraying etc your right on the money.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Put weed control nor poison. There are other threads here,I don't like breaking down material and labor cost.I'll just put down the work that needs to be done,all material& labor = total due. I'll tell you,they will be watching how long you'll be there and if your done early they will have their hand out for a refund.

4. THEGOLDPRO

Thats why i NEVER bid things hourly, I only bid by the job, That way i get paid the same no matter if it takes us 2 hours or 8 hours.

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

And you bid 10 yrds whether you need that much or not.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. THEGOLDPRO

lol............

7. Tizzy

Tizzy LawnSite Senior Member

thats exactly how your customers mulch your yard for you. serious note. quote looks pretty good. did you put a comfortable markup in there for yourself

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If 15 yards is what you need then I'd be anywhere from 1200 to 1500.

9. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah 2 things! Be carful using round up....i've taken out a 40ft tree with it before...
    Also just for security purposes NEVER post the address of an account you're trying to get. this will probably raise a lot of controversial but in my opinion, when you get bigger and better counts you will need to protect you're numbers. If you must, you can always cross out the location and just ask "In general." Just my 2 cents!

Lastly you're price seems pretty good! Good luck!

10. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

We would be right at $1400.00 with very minimal prep. If extra prep was necessary we would charge extra for time and materials. Good luck with your project.
    Posted via Mobile Device