Biggest object you've hit with a mower you didnt see

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ijustwantausername, May 10, 2011.

1. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Cinder block. My blades loved that.

2. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

A car tire. Customer wanted me to cut something that should have been used by a brush hog. He said everything was cleaned out. I was pissed. Dropped him that day.

3. rwar

rwar LawnSite Member

I hit an I beam that had been buried ,just now got the mower fixed,totaled the deck on my little rzt 50.

4. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on cinderblock. Thank god it was just on a push mower and I was able to lift it up quickly. I even managed to save the blade. I've hit a few different bricks. What really pisses me off is wire hangars. Then you gotta spend your next 20 minutes undoing the entangle mess underneath the deck. Another one that really makes me mad is water hoses half way buried. This is quickly turning into a rant so I'll stop now.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I don't know if its the "biggest" thing I've hit but today was one of the biggest PITA things I've hit (run over). We were mowing a commercial place and they always have those yard signs, the ones that you slide the sign over the metal arms. Any ways, didn't see it laying there in some tall grass and sure enough it sucked it up and got tangled in all three blades, spindles and even got into the bagger impeller.

6. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

size 40+ pinkish thong:laugh:

7. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

that to funny

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

How is it possible to run over a cinder block with a push mower?

9. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

Rocks, roots, stumps, bricks and horse shoe stakes, but the worst was about 50 feet of loose barbed wire. The deck sucked it all in before I could do a thing. It took me an hour to get it all out from under the deck.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't ask that question too much longer.