1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Biggest object you've hit with a mower you didnt see

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ijustwantausername, May 10, 2011.

Property boundary! With my scag on the velke ..talk about getting gored then dragged it was a lot of fun!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I thought the question was "that you didn't see"
  3. ghunter502

ghunter502 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I have a buddy who was push mowing over a manhole cover and hit the little center disc popped in the air and was lodged in his leg and broke his knee cap very disgusting it. This sends chills up my spine everytime I think of it OUCH!!!
  4. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I had a guy run over a 6 foot black snake a few years ago. I was using the trimmer about twenty foot from him. The snake was thrown out the discharge chute and hit me on the r. leg about knee high. I didn't see it coming. That thing must have weighed 15 pounds. It hurt like crazy. I looked down and saw blood and meat. I thought it was mine until I saw the snake laying at my feet. You know that split second when you first see a snake and your heart skips a beat. I think I had a minor heart attack. That was his first and last day of running the mower.
  5. thelawnman

thelawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Well I hit a baseball last year.
  6. CLservice

CLservice LawnSite Member
    from MI

Car mat, nice looking lady was cleaning her car, all doors were open and things were laying in the yard, never saw her things in the yard. My eyes were focused on other things.:cool2:
  7. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you not let him run the mower because he hit a snake?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

Piece of re-bar driven into the ground to hold a tiki torch for a customers picnic. Those cable dog leashes are the worst though.
  9. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

Not the biggest, but the yeah...........A dead skunk...
  10. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I was mowing a commercial property and the property manager pulled up in his truck beside where I'm mowing to tell me something, and about the time he pulled up I hit a bed edging stake and it flew right over the top of his truck. The only time I've ever hit any thing like that, and it just happened to be right at the guy. I thought it was gonna go threw his windshield.