Biggest $ residential lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hustlers, Aug 24, 2001.

1. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Just wandering what your biggest lawn is for residential
    and how much you charge and how long it takes.

Mine is $260.00 -9 man hours- not a super hrly rate
    it is about 3 irrigated and manicured acres
    with about 300 trees to trim around

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

The largest residential I had was when I was down in Florida. It paid $825 per month. It was an ocean front estate in Manalapan. It was pretty sweet. They only lived there a month or two in the winter time. The rest of the year it was for rent... for around $40,000 a month :rolleyes: It was for sale too.. for $12,000,000

Today the largest is $90 per cut.

3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Being honest,$50.00 per cut.,1.25 acres,mow time just over hour,trim,blow five min.Not too bad I hook up,check my mower over,mow amd back under 2 hours.Lot of traffic to deal with on this job.

4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is $185, it is actually 3 houses owned by the same person, all very nice, but nothing really spectacular. There is alot of grass with in the commons area, and a fair amount of trimming to be done. There is also a 580ft hedge that gets trimmed 3x a season(not included in the $185).

5. Turfcouncil

Turfcouncil LawnSite Member

Well I feel spoiled.
    220$ per month year round
    4hrs per month summer
    2 hrs per month winter
    9000 Sq ft lawn
    21" mower
    large lawn for vegas

6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I've got 2 lawns that are side by side and about 1 acre apiece.

They get cut together every friday for $50 apiece. Takes roughly 1.5 to 2 hrs each time.

Monthly it comes to $400 for about 6 to 7 hrs work.

7. I have one. It's out in the boonies I think it's eirther $325 or $350 a cut. About 1 acre just off the beaten path on the Missouri river bluffs. Take a whilr to get there and come back

LGF:blob1:

8. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 lawns side by side $375 + 425 takes 3 guys about 5 hrs in summer + fall, 6-7 hrs in spring. These are exceptional accounts that took years to find these types. They keep us busy Mon.-Wed. with edging, weeding, pruning, etc. at a flat hrly rate. My next highest lawn is $60,avg lot around here is 1/2 acre or smaller so lawns aren't that big.The other 2 are just summer homes, nobody there 9 months of year.I have garages at both places to keep equipment at,one of them owns a Kubota loader + york rake for us to use to clean his beach weekly.Sorry for bragging but after 15 yrs of scraping thru the 80's til now it's nice to have such sweet accounts.:cool:

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hey Michael,

You working at the Kennedy compound??? :D

Beachfront and moolah! Sounds like Teddy's place, hehehe

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i believe 60 is my biggest wkly.