1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Biggest residential leaf cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAVELAWN, Oct 26, 2005.

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

Most of our cleanups with removals run from 250-300 bucks. Nonetheless I got asked from a customer today to give a quote for him. Its a ton of debris to haul away......I am gonna probably give him a quote of $500-600....the yard isn't even that big, but there are tons of trees......anyone else have cleanups that expensive??? I am thinking 3 guys it will take almost half a day....
  2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of our cleanups are in the $800 - $1100 range and thats for two guys for one 8 hour day.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I believe our biggest residential fall cleanup is around 1700 or 1900 bucks or so. Big horse farm where we vac up all the leaves and deposit them in one big pile. The owner turns them and then uses them like 2 years later in his garden. Biggest damn tomatoes and watermelons I have ever seen too btw...
  4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Is this just one leaf cleanup for the entire season or just for one shot? Most of ours are in the $200-400 range per trip. We normally do two cleanups per property otherwise the leaves are overwhelming. We have one account that is similar to what you are describing, small but brings big money. It's about 8,000sf but the trees are very dense and it's at the end of a culd-a-sac so all the neighbors leaves end up in their yard also.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure thats enough!

3 guys x half day (say 5 hrs) = 15 man hours x $50/hr = $750

Leaf cleanup is a dirty job, and don't forget you have to dump/rake it out of the truck!