1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Biggest Residential Mowing Company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Jun 14, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I read on a past thread here....that the biggest residential mowing company only used 21" mowers...and obviously kicked butt. Does anyone here know the name of that company???? Im very curious.:confused:
  2. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

Just Mowing

3. WJW Lawn

Thanks..I'll check it out
  4. Lizard Lawn Care

Lizard Lawn Care LawnSite Member

That guy has got it goin on!!!!!!
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Justmowit located out of Dallas and some other cities.
  6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Im sorry but if I had to use 21" mowers I would sell my stuff and get out of this business. I refuse to take 45 minutes to cut, trim and blow a 10K' lawn where I can do it with my ZTR's in 10-12 minutes.

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Hey that's what we do.

My bro and I may be considered by some older guys that we are just kids but I asure you that we've come a long way since. We do a PROFESSIONAL job better than the pros in our own neighborhood - and we didn't say that - our neighbors do.

It takes us up to 2 hours on our biggest yards with two 21'. But hey - YOU CAN'T RUSH QUALITY. Trust me - I'm not so surprised they're such a great company....

-C & M
  8. WJW Lawn

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!! What 21 do u use? Toro commercial?
  9. coyotekid

coyotekid LawnSite Member

Wow...I'm not impressed in the least. I guess I'm the oddball here, but I visited justmowing.com and can tell you just from the website that I'd never have him do any work for me.

Clients and customers are not the enemy to me. I don't let clients run over the top of me, but I don't tell them exactly how it's going to be, either. The whole attitude of his site is pushy and rude to me.

Doesn't do lots over 16,000 sq. ft.?! LOL...I wouldn't be cutting much grass then. Most of the properties I maintain average about an acre.

I'm sure he's making way more money than me and is considered much more of a "businessman," but I refuse to run my business like that.

My job is to please my customers--it doesn't please them if I don't take their wishes into account!
  10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree coyotekid, his site is pompus and aerogent. it appears to say that if you don't have an ideal yard he wont do it. also the thing with landscape lighting, he won't work on a lawn with them? all of my yards have them, the malibu style with non burried or shallow burried wire.