Biggest screw up you have ever done at a customers home.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ccondie, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

so yesterday i was out mowing one of my largest accounts and blew off the drive and everything but totally forgot about blowing off the pool deck and area. Customer called me this am and said yeah i just spent 3 hrs cleaning out my pool and the surrounding area. anyone else ever pulled one of these?

:hammerhead:

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Been there done that! Now i always make sure i blow off the back decks and pools first!

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

When I lived in Florida, I was digging a hole for a small palm tree and hit a water pipe. Needless to say the hole started to fill up and overflow. It was about 8:30 pm as I was finishing up an all day job. Once I got the water off and the hole empty, I got a friend of mine w/ pipe and glue to help me patch up my mess up. I left at 10:30 and had to finish the job the next day. Man was I ticked off at myself.

4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

How about if you face the deck discharge chute towards the pool by mistake. looks almost like a floating lawn:hammerhead: I've done that once or twice and had to spend extra time cleaning up. Hasn't happened in a while though since i usually am using the Walker.

Once i spilled mixed fuel and oil on a stone wall and concrete drive. Think i cleaned it fast enough with a garden hose.

I've damaged a few things with the trimmer.

I think i punctured a irrigation line when i planted a couple trees. I'm not positive though but it was in the area which was very likely.

I'm sure there are others that havent come to mind yet.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I broke 2 windows in about 5 minutes at an apartment complex.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

a couple windows @ different times. Knocked a few boards off fences over the years. Ran over a dead crow today. Ewwww. That thing stunk for the next 15 passes.

7. KeepOnCuttin

KeepOnCuttin LawnSite Member

Somehow my co-worker gets a 52" Turf Tracer stuck in a side yard...he comes walking up and gets me off the ztr to help push it out. In an idiotic attempt to avoid going ankle deep in the mud, I reach my hand out and grab the muffler....Oops :hammerhead:

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

SOMEBODY took a walkbehind down the stairs...and i think everybody knows the rest of the story...

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

This one isnt actually my fault but it made me feel so bad i wanted to cry. I was mowing one day and little timmy opened the door and the new little puppy came running down the walkway. I had my head turned the other way and turned it back just in time to see the little pooch run right up under the discharge flap. I never had a chance to react in time. Before i could swat at the pto switch it was too late. I felt so bad because the kid saw the whole thing.

Even though it wasnt my fault I went and got the kid another dog. (I told his parents I was going to) And made up this story about i was cleaning the mower and found him hiding under the seat. I have gotten a ton of referrals from them. I guess having a heart sometimes goes a long way.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Damn KTO, thats the worst mower carnage story I think I have ever heard!:cry: :cry: :cry: