Biggest Trailer pulled by half ton??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by zurfsturfcare, May 22, 2008.

1. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that have 1/2 tons, whats the biggest trailer you pull with it on a regular basis??

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i pull a 6.5 x 14ft ecnclosed, about 3-4 days a weeks, i also have 6.5 x 16ft landscape trailer, i even pull my 7.5x 20ft 12000# open trailer

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

its not the pulling part its the stoping, make sure any trailer you get has brakes, and a good trailer brake controller helps

4. tras

tras LawnSite Member

:clapping:

5. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I pull my 7x18 ft enclosed with my 00 silverado 4.8ltr at least 5 days a week. I have the prodigy break controller in my truck. Works great, great set up, ill see if i can get some pics in the next couple days.

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I pulled a 8x 28ft Hobbi toy hauler with my V6 Dodge regular cab (wouldn't go over 55 except going down hills though.....lol no brakes either...thats always fun) Had to get a V8, cause it felt like I was tearing up the V6 with my 18ft trailers with 2 zts on them!

7. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

depends on age of truck , if its 4X4 and trailer brakes are a must. imo

8. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

My brothers neighbor has one of those huge campers that are about 30 ft long behind a 1500 Chevy....... poor little truck.

9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 LawnSite Member
    from denver

here is a picture of the prodigy and the newest one from tekonsha called the p3

Tekonsha-Prodigy-brake-controller.jpg

p_3.jpg