1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by suprman9019er, Dec 20, 2006.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

What or who is the biggest lawn maintenance company in the US. Is it franchised? Just curious *trucewhiteflag*
  2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

True Green @ $1.5B ..... Valley Crest @$755M .... Brink @ $500M .....on n on ..... US Lawns @$70M

The Industry Report is available thru Lawn&Landscape Mag .... the last report I've seen was from Aug 2005

Interesting enough ... some Companies don't participate in the report ....so some in the $50M n below don't give info .... report is made with info .... avg gross is just under $800k .... 13 years in .... avg employee makes the comp $50k per year or $25 per hour (I assume this is after their payroll has been made ... or this is the "profit" per hour .... atleast I hope ) .... understand these numbers are averages ... spread out among lawn care ... .land & hardscape install .... fert n squirt .... so I'd say some or the vast numbers of smaller (if one can call em that) make the #'s seem "funky"
  5. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

is that 1.5B just true green or all of the service master co's?
  6. CurbAppeal33

CurbAppeal33 LawnSite Member

Any dollar spend with Tru-Green is the biggest waste of money a person could make.

They don't care if one pellet of granualar is dropped or one drop of chemical is sprayed. All they care about is quanitity -- Sure as hell not Quality.

That is 1.5 Billion of stealing.
  7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd assume that it is all of TGCL .... parents & off spring compaines .... again the info is just presented ...Valley Crest owns other compaines in other states n I assume there # represents all their venues

I hear ya on TGCL ... I'm kinda lucky ... cause in my area the local franchise owner is real good ... I sub work with him ...n the results are OK .... again just OK .... they have issues n I sub with other local sprays as-well ... I personally like a local family operation ....been in this area since 1956 ....but some PM's want TG cause they have national contracts with them

The O-Town owner cuts turf as well n does a real "poor" job of maintaining the 7-11 contract in my county .... they are messy ... slacky ... but that's all they cut in my area ....my local has told me he has no intention of getting into cutting turf or shrubs

Ssoo it goes without saying some of the Big Inc's have just so much in the fire .... someones gonna get burned
  8. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Hey Steve I was born and raised in Fla. lived in Titusville for 22yrs now live just south of Atlanta. Nice web page.
  9. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I got some Toro mag. that said 1) US lawns 2) Davey tree 3) brickman

which, brickman is really starting to lowball around here. Rumors are that they beat another companies $350,000 estimate by $70,000.
  10. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

Do you mean just lawn maintenance, and does that mean mowing or do you mean turf applications, or full landscape management including irrigation, flower installations, landscape installations, etc.?

Theres a huge difference between the three and it would change the players slightly.