1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bike Handle on Trimmers and Weed Wackers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JBLandscaping11, Apr 15, 2012.

1. JBLandscaping11

JBLandscaping11 LawnSite Member

Does anybody use bike handles on their trimmers? i was just wondering when i was watching a video on youtube from Stihl. I have a shindawia and a echo, both with the regular handles. which do you use? why or why not? :gmctruck:

2. W&Wlawncare

W&Wlawncare LawnSite Member

I have a stihl fs110 with the handle bars. This thing sits more than anything because the only thing its good for is brush clearing/high weeds. Dont expect to use it for trimming or edging grass on lawns. Great for doing hillsides though, it distributes the weight well and you can make a pretty wide swath without becoming off balance

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I second that bike handle has very limited use. My Honda HHT31SUNBA has been a wall flower and only used twice the whole last year for big weeds. It is a very good trimmer, problem is you cannot tilt the head for anything else. It is a one trick beast and it does it very well if you are specialized in clearing big area or tall weeds.

But if you have a need for it, it is very good.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012