1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by OnMyOwn, Aug 26, 2005.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just curious how many of the LCO's using Hispanic employees are bilingual. Purely by accident I started studying the Spanish language in high school and carried on into college for about (5) courses. That was many years ago. My "last remaining employee" is hispanic (legit) and doesn't speak any of our language. We work on his English daily, and my Spanish has came back with a vengeance. I get the funniest looks in restaurants / stores as I speak Spanish with him. It is a fun thing to do, but I feel it is very important for him to learn our language if he is going to reside in our country. Likewise, I have found quite a few business acquaintenances interested in my language skills. Police officers, business owners, other LCO's and store managers. I have a diverse skill set and am always curious about my personal worth to others, should I leave this industry. I think any additional skills we pick-up in the field, be they induatrial, personnel, management or communication increase our net worth in the marketplace. Don't rule out the underlying items your employees bring to the table.
  2. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

im a cunning linguist myself. :rolleyes:
  3. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

That dont make a lick of sense.
  4. fcl01

fcl01 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well when i worked in the steel mill . I was the only white guy so they called me chalky all i learned was the swearer words and the chupacabla, up, down, left, right . they new banana, money, pizza.