Bill by the week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Organix, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

It seems like most of you guys bill by the week, is that correct?

Do any of you come from locations where monthly billing is the norm?

2. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

I do not bill by the week, but i did do that for the first four months. I would mow the yard, and then go home and create the invoice, ( i only had 3 yards at the time). No that i have found Groundskeeper Pro i just enter the charges that day, and then on the first of every month, i will print out everyone's bills, and mail them.

3. Monthly invoicing.

I collected money right after I was done till I was 16, then the monthy invoicing started.

Don't have time to do that anymore.

4. wallawalla

wallawalla LawnSite Member

I find it easier to bill once a month. Each day when I get back to the office I will make an addition in the computer for what I did for each customer that day and the price. At the end of the month print out the invoice and mail. Most LCO's in this area bill once a month.

5. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

OK, well do your charges vary from week to week? I mean what does the standard service package include for you generally?

What do you consider extras, and what do you charge for them?

Thanks.

6. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

Standard Service for me consists of Mow, Edge, Weed eat, and blow down. I do not need to be seen or have anyone see me for me to do this. Extras consist of anything else

7. Everything is extra. Charge accordingly.

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

About 15 customers per week leave a check on the door for us...the rest get billed monthly. I prefer the monthly billing to keep it simple. Haven't heard of anyone doing weekly billing...unless its the same as the few customers that i've got set-up with weekly payments. I don't leave any of those customers invoices.
    :blob3:

9. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

OK, well I always hear people on here say $30 a cut or whatever. So 2 more questions.

Do you charge the same for 4 day month's as 5 day month's and how many of you consider hedge trimming part of the service package?

Thanks.

10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

For example...we charge a customer $30 per cut. We mow it 4 times in a month (on average)...they get billed once at the end of the month for $120. You normally would not quote a property by saying "this will be $120 per month"...you give a per cut price. On 5 week months they just get billed for an extra cut, they get billed for whatever work we have completed in that timeframe.

Hedgetrimming is ALWAYS an extra...at least thats how we do it. It is not needed often enough to incorporate it into your weekly price.
    :blob2: