Lawn Care Forum banner

Billboard Ads

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Flow Control 
#1 ·
I want to hear from the companies that have actually tried Billboard advertising.

We are thinking about advertising with a national company in our local market to get the branding locked in peoples minds. Thanks for the advice guys ... God Bless

#3 ·
I've had a billboard ad up for over a year now as part of a barter for a property I care for. I've had nothing but 2 tire kickers call, one person looking for a job and nurseries and sod companies looking to get my business. I'm on a major highway also. A 2 sided Billboard for 150.00/ month.........cheap, but it's pretty much useless except for name recognition. Everyone I know tells me they see it.

#4 ·
Its just for name recognition. The national companies use billboards and they no people are not going to get off the interstate right then and go by their product.

I would think that if you are trying to become a large company down the road then it would be a good investment as long as it is cheap. Around here to get an ad on the interstate will cost you $3500 a month but on a long busy blvd about $1200 and a busy road is about $400.

#5 ·
Another local company said they had excellent results for their billboard, so I called about a location close to where I live and had $5k budget for two months (electronic billboard) and they said the contracts start at 42k for 6 months. I was taken aback and made him repeat it then just said too rich for me and got off the phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.