Billboard Ads

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mowmoney00, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

I want to hear from the companies that have actually tried Billboard advertising.

We are thinking about advertising with a national company in our local market to get the branding locked in peoples minds. Thanks for the advice guys ... God Bless

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I tried it... I think it works well but only if you have several types of advertising out there. And I think getting key billboard spots is crucial too. It is quite expensive though.

3. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I've had a billboard ad up for over a year now as part of a barter for a property I care for. I've had nothing but 2 tire kickers call, one person looking for a job and nurseries and sod companies looking to get my business. I'm on a major highway also. A 2 sided Billboard for 150.00/ month.........cheap, but it's pretty much useless except for name recognition. Everyone I know tells me they see it.

4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Its just for name recognition. The national companies use billboards and they no people are not going to get off the interstate right then and go by their product.

I would think that if you are trying to become a large company down the road then it would be a good investment as long as it is cheap. Around here to get an ad on the interstate will cost you $3500 a month but on a long busy blvd about $1200 and a busy road is about $400.

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Another local company said they had excellent results for their billboard, so I called about a location close to where I live and had $5k budget for two months (electronic billboard) and they said the contracts start at 42k for 6 months. I was taken aback and made him repeat it then just said too rich for me and got off the phone.