Billboard

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CCLAWN, Jan 18, 2003.

1. CCLAWN

CCLAWN LawnSite Member

We are doing an experiment this year. We have a main interstate going into St. Louis and are putting up a billboard. We will pay $4,200 for 3 months. The anticipation is that 40k people see it each day (same people every day). We are expecting 200 leads with appx 100 sales with a cost of sale at $42 each not counting labor. With something flashy and easy to read, I think it will work. Anyone out there had experience with this type of advertising?:dizzy:

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Is closing 50% of the leads attainable? That seams a little high. Is that what the billboard people say?

I thought about this advertising also. I know they say people need to see your company name (national average) 9 times before they will call. They certainly would see it darn near everyday, which should pound name recognition into their skull. Curious to see your results.

3. CCLAWN

CCLAWN LawnSite Member

I will let you know how it works. I know 50% close rate is high, but being owner operator, it gives more experience on the lawn when running the lead and offers a sense of comfort for the homeowner. Honestly, I have no idea on response rate. I am simply speculating. However, with our other marketing sources, we do close over 50% do to the fact stated above. I know it's preaching to the choir, but true.:cool:

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

We do have space on a billboard but I could not tell you how much it really brings in. It advertises for a weekly garden talk show we do. It has to help ... you can't help but notice it.

5. Off I70, I64, I55?

Isn't that a low income area? I mean looooooow.

Down town St. Louis isn't the best area for advertising an LCO.

6. CCLAWN

CCLAWN LawnSite Member

I 64 near the hustler club. It gets all of the belleville, ofallon and shiloh traffic heading to downtown. Also can be seen well from the metrolink. These 3 areas were in the top 15 per capita that came out in post dispatch 2 months ago. Just wish I could get the traffic coming out of Glen carbon and edwardsville. Too expensive at the interchange. If we were on the other side i270 and 40 would be the best place.

it is facing the west bound traffic so if there are any back ups, drivers will have to look at it!!:blob2:

7. Oh boy all the males will have eyes on the Larry Flint Hustler club sign LOL.

I was told this is the worst kind of advertising for our type of biz.

Humm If it works, I have property off the page extension and could be the "only" sign/billboad on that pass. We got both sides of page coverd to St. Charles. before us is Creve Coeur Park then houses, after you hit the river.

8. CCLAWN

CCLAWN LawnSite Member

I'll keep u informed. Just hope they don't get distracted by the Steve and DC sign

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Keep us informed...I'd be interested in what kind of results you get.

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

CCLAWN, your targeting my area, I'm not bothered by that, I just hope your prices are not to low to be nailing 50% of your leads.

I might have a few O'Fallon lawns to throw your way. They pay good, but traffic is terrible in the Fairview and O'Fallon area. And I don't like the travel time. I actually gave this rout away last year to a guy and now I might be buying him out for his Belleville customers and getting my old customers back. If I do buy him out, I'll let you know.

Soupy