Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rookie03, Aug 2, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

If you put an ad up on a Billboard advertising your Lawn Care Business, what would you use to catch some attention? Does anyone have any pictures of Billboard advertising for lawn care? I have an opportunity to place an ad on a billboard so I thought I would take advantage. It's going to be FREE advertising. The road doesn't see an overwhelming amount of traffic, but it's not too bad. I would think it will help business more than it will hurt. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i can't really tell you what to do but just be like Bobs Furniture in my area and just put a big picture of your face on a billboard with the name of the business and a phone #! Scares some people. Most companys around here don't use billboards though. Good luck!
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

4. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Thanks for the posts. Both of those are very good ideas. I'll try to use those ideas and come up w/ some type of ad for the billboard. Any other suggestions? I guess the billboard is going to be more about name recognition than anything else. Thanks for your help!
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Would you like thousands dollars for almost nothing ????
    A properly maintained and landscape property will add thousands of dollars to the value of your home!!!
    Call for details. phione # and name of company
  6. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

"got grass" might get you a visit from the local sherriff ... lol ...c
  7. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Thanks for the post olderthandirt. I'll probably put up the billboard pretty soon so I may add all the services that I provide on the billboard. I could try a different billboard each month to make sure it doesn't get boring. Any other suggestions or pics of billboards around your area?
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi rookie03,

How about

Affordable Lawn Care
    (###) ###-####

Maybe a very simple message will work best?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
  9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i think the got grass angle would be pretty good and would def. get you and your company noticed..