Billed Monthly-year Round

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rob b., Apr 5, 2006.

1. rob b.

rob b. LawnSite Member

I Bill My Accounts Monthly On A Year Round Basis.the Payment Is The Same Every Month.i Cut Weekly From April To November And Then Every Other Week From November To The End Of March.to Me It Seems The Best Way To Make The Steady Money.is This How You Guys Do It? I Am In Central Fl. I Know The Growing Season Varys In Different Areas.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Yep. I also include fertilzer and other services that would be expected for their yard. A big sell for year round contracts is "the customer shouldn't have to worry about a thing. I'LL take care of your yard.":)

3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I offer that as one option to my customers. I also offer standard billing at the end of the month for all services received that month, as well as credit card billing the same day as service is rendered.

So far I've only had one full-service customer go for the prepayment for the season.

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

Commercial only: land care from april to november (monthly billing) and then december thru march is snow removal (monthly billing) here in Chi-town.

Ken

5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My customers seem very receptive to the monthly billing, same price year round.

It also makes your price seem lower.

They usually want additional services billed separately. When you add in hedge trimmings, fert, bed maintenance, mulch, etc. the price is suddenly off the scale. Maybe they want more control over when things are done, maybe they don't realize how much they are spending per month when additional services are added in.

I had a lady that just wanted me to come by 4 times a year to keep the place in order.(she did the weekly stuff)
    I threw her a price of $40/month and she 'bout crapped.
    When I adjusted the price to $120 due on the day I'm there (4 times a year); things were much better:confused: :hammerhead:

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is exactly what TG taught us in commericial bidding, they bid the mowing very very low and bet that they will get it back on the other stuff. It is working for us on commericial and homeowner...low monthly is the key!!

7. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I don't understand...you mean charge 12 equal monthly payments for cutting yet give a second bill for any/everything else???

8. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if you could pull it off up there.

As I understand it; the mowing up there disappears completely during winter:confused:

Last year, I was mowing every 2 weeks except for a couple of times I stretched it out to 3 weeks.

Here's how I lay it out:
    Cost per cut = XX
    XX x 42cuts/yr = yearly price
    Yearly price/12months = monthly price
    ("cut" is mow,trim,edge,blow)

Everything else is billed as additional.

42/yr is a good # for irrigated and a fat # for non-irrigated.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

thats fine, but most of my customers wouldnt want to be sending me a check in december when their lawn hasnt been growing for a month or two, i bill 3 equal payments over the season, april 1st, june 1st and August 25th, that covers april-october.