1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billing And Billing Template?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AmericanLawn&Landscape, Jan 2, 2013.

1. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

17 Just starting, planning on just sending out a bill every 2 weeks. Wondering if anybody had any templates for a bill? and what do you use to keep track of who you mailed them to, who hasn't paid, etc. thanks

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

quickbooks works good for most small companies

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I agree with quickbooks but you can also get templates for MS word or go to the local office supply place and they have ones carbon-less pads.

4. AmericanLawn&Landscape

Where can i get them for MS word?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

6. AmericanLawn&Landscape

Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Groundskeeper Pro. I love it. The trial version allows you to add like 10 clients or so. Works Great!

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Kudos for you, a 17 year old wanting to get involved, be productive, and earn some money.

I don't know if you have business aspirations, entrepreneurship, or similar, in your future. But, I would encourage you to approach your efforts as a business venture. This includes financial management, and building a good business relationship with your customers.

When somebody makes a post like this, it tells us that your financial management is probably not very sound. As others have pointed out, QuickBooks does this function very well. Any financial management software will prepare invoices, plus many, many other important functions. This includes bank statement reconciliation, records of expenses, records of inflows/outflows of cash, etc.

While I applaud your interest and efforts, I would encourage you to get off to a right start -- sound financial management. Getting off on this foot will not only help you manage your business, but teach you much about discipline and sound financial decisions (something badly lacking for start ups, and a major contributor to business failures).

Just my $0.02.

BTW, my suggestion would also be QuickBooks.

9. AmericanLawn&Landscape

Thanks Rodger, means a lot. I plan on having good financial management, its always been one of my strong points and its something I enjoy. I Will definitly look into quickbooks. Thanks for the input and encouragement. It means a lot
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We use quickbooks online version that way we don't bog down the computer and don't have to worry about keeping everything backed up or losing anything and it's always the latest version to boot, just something for thought.