1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billing And Payments

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AmericanLawn&Landscape, Jun 18, 2013.

1. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm just starting. I've got 12 weekly's and 1 bi- weekly. Since my accounts are expanding so is equipment, i'm getting a exmark 48'' ztr this week. My thing is how to keep track of billing, ex; What do you do? Send it? How do you keep track of who has paid, and who hasn't. Just trying to get an idea of how to bill accounts and keep track of it. Keep in mind i'm only 17.. Thanks a lot guys.

2. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

gopher billing and scheduling has been working out really good for me this year. it was reasonably priced and it makes things much easier.

3. Kurt6845

Kurt6845 LawnSite Member

I use quickbooks pro with the payroll added in. It's a little pricey, but I can pay all of my payroll taxes and everything from there. If you are wanting to get big, I would recommend finding some sort of business management software now so you can figure it out and get it established. As far as how I bill, I print invoices from quickbooks and then send them, with a self addressed envelope. When the customer sends their payment back to me, I just simply go into quickbooks, hit receive payment, enter the check number and deposit the $$$. It also allows you to pull reports and everything. You can also track expenses and everything else. I think my favorite part is that I can export my company profile to a CD and give it to a CPA to do my taxes at the end of the year. A lot of guys do their own taxes, but I prefer someone else does it so that I do not have to mess with the headache, plus they know how to file to save the most money. Worth it to me in the long run. I've heard gopher's stuff is pretty decent, but I've never looked at it or used it so I really can't talk about it. Look around and find something that will work for you.