billing applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mark2, Mar 19, 2003.

1. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

I have searched and found no help.

I would like to know the best ways to bill for applications.

season pre-pay, per app., monthly, quarterly.

Does a basic program or a custom (premium) program affect how you prefer to bill. Examples would be appreciated.

If anyone would like to send me a pm with phone # I could call and talk more detail.

2. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

Buy the way, the question pertains to app. only customers. Not mowing for them.

3. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

The is my first year for applications and personally, I am billing per application. I mainly push a 5 step program, discounting the last 2 steps should they choose this route. I offer additional step should they need or want them. They can take 1 step or 8 steps, it's their option.

MATT

5. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

we offer a pre-pay for the season with a 5% discount, if they don't do that they are billed every app. it is left on the door and if they don't pay we don't go back until they do.

6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto here

I leave the invoice at the time of service if they aren't home, if they are home I ask for payment.
    All balances are due 30 days, if not they get a finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% apr)

5% for pre-pay.

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

per application and some pre-pay.

www.cbsbillmaster.com for turf application software ..been with them for 11 years.
    ant

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same as rkk95. :) ;) :) ED

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

programs are paid for, in full, in advance, before anything is applied. there is a good reason for this. it generates cash flow. also, this is what ive run into, time and time again:it is amazing how many people will spend $2000 a season to have thier lawn mowed and fertilzed, but will not take the time to water PROPERLY. when we sign a customer up for a program, we stress the importance of watering properly, and advise them that the program will not deliver maximum results if the watering is not done. and still, when we used to bill "ala carte", ive had people refuse to pay cus"my lawn is brown", or " i have weeds". when i explain that both were caused by lack of water, they think u r full of ****. so, the solution is simple, pay in full in advance. u want to kill your lawn by not watering, go right ahead, i couldnt care less.

10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most people are too cheap or too lazy to water. The few that do water either put down way too much or not near enough. Then when they have damage they blame the Lawn Guy. I'm sorry but I don't apply the "Miracle" in a bag. The customer needs to take some responsibility for proper mowing and watering. :dizzy: ED