1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billing at 12 months.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayD, Nov 23, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I have a question for you guys who bill out your invoices each month ( 12 ) for all year for just summer work.
    Foe example: Say you do mowing and other summer work for 8 mo. out of the year, but let them stretch payments out for 12 mo. Do you add a percentage to it, or how do you do it?
  2. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I just figure average # of cuts for our area multiply by price per cut and then divide by 12 months anything else is extra like mulching and leaf removal which is due when the job is completed
  3. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Yardman,

Let me try again, I may not have said it right on the first post.
    I have read in here in the past where some of you bill out for the whole year even though you only mow for 8 months. So you are just letting the customer stretch out their payments for 12 months instead of 8. So my question is, for the ones who are doing this, do you tack on a % so you kind of make some extra $ for them holding up your money longer? If so, what or how much is fair?
  4. Integrity LC

Integrity LC LawnSite Member

If a customer wants to do a seasonal contract that consists of the # of cuts for the seasosn, they can either pay all of it up front or in 2 installments, which are due by a certin date on a certin month, usually the first installment is due 2 weeks after the contact is signed then again in 2 months.

The only reason I will add a percentage on is if they are late on the payment which is stated in the contract.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

We have 2 way we bill weekly & monthly. All of my customers have a contract. But all the full service customers pay on a 9 month schedule from March thru November. The customers who only get 1 or 2 services I bill as services are rendered. Any one who has a balance over due by 30 days gets a late fee added on.