1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Billing Customers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Dec 11, 2006.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I now leave a bill in the customers door at the time of service. Just wondering
    how others bill. The problem is the employees know how much you charge.
    I'm thinking about putting the bill in an enevlope ahead of time.
  2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Or get their email addresses and email the invoices as PDF files...I am with you on the billing after service, that is how I always do it.
  3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I bill once a month. Mail them out on the first of month and give them 2 weeks to pay. You should never let your help know what your making on jobs! Your training your compition and he knows your prices. Bad move.
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

This year, I started billing out @ the beginning of the month & due in 30 days or financing charges will be applied. My older customers really like it because they only have one invoice to keep track of now. When I start bagging leaves I just keep track of how many leaves I bagged for the month & put it on the next month's invoice.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's just to easy for us to put the bill on the statement of service, that we are required to leave, anyway. It saves us postage AND office time of sending them out.
  6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

and...it's in their hand TODAY, instead of in 2, 3, or 4 weeks
  7. Ric3077

Exactly, that way they can't deny getting service that day or anything, and you save on postage, and by billing more frequently they are seeing any past balances more and will take care of them sooner...rather than waiting a month between statements.
  8. Ric3077

If you don't want your employees to see your prices, and you are on the jobs with them, just make sure you are teh one that puts the invoice on the door...if you are a bigger company and have many crews, then make the foreman in charge of this.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

for those of u that leave the bill on the door how many people a month say we didnt get it.
    i see bills from some other companies blowing across the lawns so i always mailed?
  10. Ric3077

I have never had someone say I didn't get it...because each bill goes in a doorhanger baggie on the doorknob, and if the storm door is unlocked I open it and put it on the front door. Works out great. The baggies are way cheaper than stamps and envelopes.