Billing for full service month accounts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, May 31, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you guys charge someone a monthly rate for these services?

· Garden Bed Maintenance – weed control inside garden beds, rotate and turn soil, remove debris
    · Pruning 1 - 4 times a year on specified shrubs
    · Trimming of plants as needed
    · Leaf Cleanups ( 2 times a year?)
    · Fertilizer application – At least two times a year
    · Aeration
    · Power Raking
    · Lawn Service:
    - Weekly (Once a week)
    - Bi-weekly (Every 2 weeks)
    - Three Times (Every 10 days)
    Inc. – Lawn service, concrete edging, grass trimming, blowing off property worked on

Price for service : $200 a month + TAX.

and they pay $200 a month which gives them the above package?
  2. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

wow youre cheap lemme sub some work out to you , hold on what size lawns are these
  3. alpine692003

dude, i'm just throwing out a price ..

lets change that to 300 a month.. I doubt someone will go for that?
  4. ShadyTree

ShadyTree LawnSite Member

ya that seems really cheap, I have accounts i charge 200 a month just the cut, trim, and blow off. Everything else is extra and goes by per hour per man.
  5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

thats a great price want to work for me? no monthley rate just pay for what gets done when
  6. 2BladeRunners

2BladeRunners LawnSite Member

we take the mow trim edge & blow x30 visits/fert & squirt x 5 /spring cu & fall cu and divide by 12. All others are billed when services occur. If we incur equipment costs for larger services I don't want to spread my recovery of those dollars over more days then necessary. Next year I'm even thinking of taking the fert & squirt out of the anulaized payment program.
  7. ShadyTree

well sometimes u lose money when you have a flat monthly fee. If you priced everything out correctly and you know your expensives and you know how to manage time you make more money by doing it per man per hour. Its a proving fact for me and ive been in businees for over 22 years
  8. ShadyTree

but when i say per man per hour that includes the detailing of the property, and fall and spring clean ups. We felt that we were speading more time on the lawns then the monthly fee. Our properties average out to be 4 ac. and we have over 360 accounts.
  9. alpine692003

So you guys think its' better to bill them for each individual service they ask you to do?

ie) power raking
    ie) garden bed maints
    ie) fert apps

Its better to charge them individual services then combine all for monthly rates? Seems like it so far!
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I offer most of the services on your list and give my clients the option to pay me in 3, 9 or 12 equal installments... for any or all combined services. Works well for me.