Billing Health Care Ins for lawn service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HFS, May 20, 2007.

1. HFS

HFS LawnSite Member

I have taken on a few new accounts that require me to bill the clients Health Care Insurance Provider for payment. The accounts have been all pre-approved via a local hospital social worker and are all disabled persons or in poor health. The account contracts are for an automatic one year and include snow removal. The billing period is for 30 days with a 30 day turn for payment once submitted. Mowing is priced at $40.00 per site which take less than 25 minutes. The snow removal is priced at $40.00 per 2"-6" inches, with the ability to make multiple billing stops for heavy snow fall. After a few contacts with these clients I have found that they are going through lawn contractors fast and nobody is sticking around. The hospital social worker has provided me with all forms and paperwork and looks like they would be able to provide a multi amount of leads and future work. Has anybody come across this or do you think its even worth the time???

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

No I havent had any experience with these type of clients, however I would start with a very strong professionally crafted legal agreement and I would also ask the attorney the associated cost to you to pursue one of these claims if they do not pay.
    There is a large automotive chain in my area that is notorious for not paying for maintenance. The problem is when a company wont pay you, are you going to say the lawsuit through for a 100 to 300 dollars. You have to spend alot of your time pursuing the lawsuit. Would it be worth your time and resources to pursue this transaction. Your doing the right thing, youre charging a premium amount up front so you should be ok.
    I would love to get a couple of accounts like that, how did you come across this opportunity?
  3. HFS

HFS LawnSite Member

Pure luck during a spring clean-up.