Billing - How ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

How do you structure your billing? Montly? Do all the charges from the past month come due on a certain date? Or do the individual charges come due x days after the service?

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Lots of commentary on this in the recent past. Probably 100 to 200 or more comments. You'll get a much better overview by using search, because many do not post to same questions repeatedly.

3. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

I bill all chemical applications and aerations as I go, and all maintenance on the 15th of the month for a monthly contract.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Same for me, I sent out invoices on the 1st due on the 15th also.

5. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Same here bill on the 1st due on the 15th

6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I send mine out on 1st with no due date and a lot come back in a week or so, but some of my customers pay at end of month. What do you guy`s do if they are not in by 15th,and what is the reaction of your customers?

7. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

LATE CHARGE!!! 1.5% per month (18% APR)

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We bill monthly, goes out at the end of the month and to be paid by the 15th. If later than the 15th they are charged a $5.00 late fee and 30 days late stop work all together and
    %5percent intrest on unpaid balance. We inform all our customers commercial and reidential and ask them up front if this may cause a issue with them, if it does we work out a payment plan with them. First and biggest problem lawn maintenance companys have today is a lack of communication with customers. Does your credit card, morgage, heating oil companys, car loans, ect ect give you pacific dates too pay by? YES they do, do they charge late fees? YES they do. We are proving a service and if you have a account that doesnt pay you, you have 2 choices stop work or charrity work. We grown over %30percent every year but 2000 season we grew a astonishing %100plus percent with only %1 to %2percent loses beyond our control.