Billing info for newbie

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bnbelim, Aug 10, 2006.

1. bnbelim

bnbelim LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I'm going to be starting my own LCO in the spring, I'll probably have about 25 residential accounts and a few commercial accounts. I know for the commercial accounts I'll need a contract, but my question is on the billing. Do you guys send out invoices to your clients? If so, how often do you bill them? How long do you give them to pay you? I'm thinking I should bill them every two weeks. I plan on recording everything through an excel spreadsheet, but I figure I will have to come up with invoices for the clients. If you could shed some light that would be great!
    Eddy

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

go and download the demo for groundskeeper. Its great. Everything is there, you'll need nothing else.

3. bnbelim

bnbelim LawnSite Member

Where can I download it...I'm unfamiliar with what you're refering to.Thanks!

4. ChadsLawn

5. K&A Lawncare

K&A Lawncare LawnSite Member

demo Gopher software.

6. ChadsLawn

I was going to add that, but Ive never used it.

7. K&A Lawncare

K&A Lawncare LawnSite Member

i demoed it and liked it alot. Pretty easy to use and is complete.

8. ChadsLawn

Have you tried Groundskeeper?

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I bill once a month and use Quickbooks, 30 net on the invoice but you may need to shorten that with the residential stuff. On commercial 30 day will be the shortest you get

10. ChadsLawn

Shoot I forgot to answer about billing.
    I dont have any comm, all but 1 of my residential accounts are billed at the end of the month. I send out around the middle of the month and I get the check about the 5th of the next month.
    If they are weekly or biweekly they are charged the day of the service and CASH only.