Billing Invoice Examples?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JaysLawns, Dec 10, 2007.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns LawnSite Member

This is going to be my first full time as a LCO and could I get some examples of billing invoice form examples that you guys use to send the bill out to the client? Thanks to all that reply.

JJ

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

My invoice is attached. I do it in Word. I'm sure it is easier to use quickbooks or some other software.

Please don't slam me for having such a simple form...it works for me. Thanks.

Attached Files:

3. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. My first year I used word too. If you use the templates found in word you can customize them and they look very nice. Since then I have changed over to Quickbooks. Not because the forms are nicer but rather it keeps track of everything for you.

4. Gator Lawn

Gator Lawn LawnSite Member

A little more professional.

Attached Files:

5. squirrel19

squirrel19 LawnSite Member
    from KY/TN

For anyone that uses word or even excell there are plenty of free form downloads at microsofts web site. Just goto Micrsoft.com and do a search on templets

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

You don't say what software, if any, you intend to use for keeping track of income and expenses. Many of use QuickBooks. QB has templates for developing an invoice. Beyond the templates provided, you have free reign to design your own. The basics of the information stream is available, you can move it around, make boxes, summary boxes, or whatever you wish.

The first year, I used one of their simple templates. But, after that, I developed my own custom model that includes a tear-off. This enables me to send out an invoice with #10 window envelopes -- no addressing --, and include a #9 double window envelope for return of their payment. The tear-off includes some of the same information on the primary part of the main invoice, so that when it is returned, I know exactly how to apply the payment to the outstanding invoice. The customer only needs to supply a stamp. I have not gone that far, to stamp the envelope before sending it out.

7. JaysLawns

JaysLawns LawnSite Member

I am talking about the billing invoice form that I would send to the customer. Is Quickbooks Pro the way to go for $150 or so? THanks guys.

JJ

8. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member
    from STL

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

JaysLawns -- I'm sorry, I didn't provide you with one key piece of information. The QuickBooks I use is QB Pro.

10. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member