1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

billing program

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BeverCreekLawnCare, Jul 30, 2002.

1. BeverCreekLawnCare

BeverCreekLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from none

What type of a billing program do you reccomend. How often do you send out bills. Once a month on the 15th of each month?
  2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I bill at the end of the month unless it is a one time service, then I bill as soon as the service is completed.
  3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I use QuickbooksPro. It is pretty easy to do billing with it. I bill once a month.

My biggest grip with QuickbooksPro is the advertisements for online services that appear at the bottom of every screen. I can understand advertisements on a program that you got for free, but I PAID for this program, along with regular updates. From what I understand, it is basically impossible to get rid of the ads. If anyone here knows how to get rid of them, I would love to hear about it.
  4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I have Qbooks Pro 2002, and do not have the ads:confused: :confused:
  5. wolfpacklawn

wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member

I have Quickbooks and bill 1/2 my customers on the 15th and the other half on the 1st. It makes billing easier for me and also keeps a more steady flow of $ which is nice. I used to bill once a month but it ended up taking most of a day to do. I hate doing the billing but I don't trust anyone else to do it.
  6. BeverCreekLawnCare

BeverCreekLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from none

WolfPackLawn.....How many accounts do you have?
  7. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

For my billing software i use a program called groundskeeper pro from adkad, works very well and you can set up routes and daily schedules if you like, also does invoices. as far as acounting i use Quiken basic.

8. wolfpacklawn

wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member

9. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i tested out a lot of software with the trial periods, but i think the best one is gopher 2002. it's very complete and you can get the beta (i think this is the final beta version before it's released some time this month) at www.gopher2002.com
  10. B. Phagan

B. Phagan LawnSite Member

Best billing advice........bill early and often......that will improve cash flow and allow the use of your customers' money rather than yours.