Billing programs

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by JCurtis, Oct 4, 2000.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any information, experience or recommendations on good snow plowing billing programs.

I am looking for a program to make my life easier.I want to spend less time on the computer and more time in my rig.

Dad always said work smarter! not harder!

2. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

We use Quick books pro

3. JCurtis

Thanks digger,

I was actually looking for a program that was multifunctional, directly related to snow managment. One that you can do residential, seasonal, and T&M rates all at once.

Ever heard of anything like that?

4. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I found a program somewhere on the net that was specifically for snow removal . . . I'll try to find it and let you know. Not sure what the cost was, but I can bet it's probably expensive.

5. snow

snow Guest

I got a program that was designed for the snowplow only. It's called Blizzard Buster 3.0. they sent me a demo, and its pretty neat and easy to use. the price is $179. if you can find the site, they send you a free demo. here's the site <a href="http://www.adkad.com/blizzardbuster.htm">click here</a>.

Bryan

6. iowastorm

from Iowa

7. iowastorm

from Iowa

The Blizzard Buster software that Snow referred to was the website I was trying to find. I hear it works pretty well and may buy it myself.

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a program written for us that canabalizes 'AccPac', which is a sophisticated accounting package. It's all inclusive of materials, quoting (landscape installation, routing, p&l reports, payroll as tied into jobs completed, tracking subs time and pay, as well as customers p&l's). It's rather expensive ($5,000+) and you need someone to monitor and do upgrades (at about $10,000 a year support dollars). However, with the volume we do (up to 70 visits per winter to a good portion of our sites), we need to do billing twice a week (minimum)to stay ahead of it. Our system also allows us to know what our expenses are each morning and what our profit is by noon each day. And, we didn't have to alter it much for the new contract.

We're kind of computer happy here with over a dozen work stations on a large network.

However, I'm told (by alot of plowing contractors) that Quick Books Pro works just fine in most cases.

9. JCurtis

Thanks John,
    Your program sounds great, but just a little too much for me.

I am looking at QuickBooks Pro and Blizzard Buster.

Blizzard Buster does not have the option to charge out equipment at an hourly rate. I realize that T&M isn't the best way to bill out services, but a few of my accounts insist on it that way.

JCurtis

10. iowastorm

from Iowa

Well, John, aren't we sitting in the lap of luxury; $5,000 for software, computer networks here, upgrades there. Make us remember that the rest of us are all just little people. Just kidding. Seriously, with all of the advances in technology, your software and computer systems only crash when you need them the most. Go figure.