Billing Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matts Mowing, May 7, 2006.

1. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

Just wondering how you would handle your billing if you are rained out and cannot service the customers property until the next week. Do you charge x1.5 on the next mow, charge x 2 for the missed week or charge the normal rate and take a loss on last weeks service for the 2 days. Just seeing how others out there bill under these circumstances.

2. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

How do you get rained out for an entire week? I just do them ASAP after its done raining, screws everything up but thats life.....

3. Mack77

Mack77 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If you bill "per visit" then only bill for services rendered. If you charge double for next week's cut, expect a call from the customer asking why if you have not already explained your reasoning.

4. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I service 40 properties on the back end of the week ( I have a full time job on the front end ) and I was rained out the days I was supposed to mow. I have had the same dedicated customers for many years now and they and I like to keep the same mowing schedule week in and week out. I have been in business for 5 years now and honestly this is the first time I have been rained out for this many days

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's me also. I do not charge extra for circumstances beyond customer control, even if they are also beyond my control. The only time I charge extra is when a customer delays me by calling me and telling me the grass won't need cutting until whenever and by the time I get there it is REALLY tall.

It's also kinda included in the price, I make out like a bandit somedays, other times I eat it.
    Such is life but the Toro is oh so good with that stuff.