Billing Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawns by Steve, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

I'm sure this has been asked before, so sorry if it has. I was wanting to know if I should bill monthly or bi-weekly? :usflag:

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i just bill monthly but maybe try to bill half of your clients in the middle of the month and the other half at the end of the month to keep some cash flow .

3. Lawns by Steve

Thanks I never thought about that, simple solution!:clapping:

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Once a month. It gets tedious to do it several times a month. Big companies do the same thing.

5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

I do what every they want some older people will pay you every time you complete the job. but i have found out that some like to pay it all at once, some like to pay when you get done, some like to pay every 2 weeks. and some like to pay at the end of the month. I always ask and see whats better for them

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Monthly. Bi-weekly would be to much work for me in the office. Not to mention you'd be doubling the cost of printing invoices out for the year. Isn't much but it does add up.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Bill monthly, more than that and it becomes a pain.

8. Lawns by Steve

So it sounds like the majority is bill monthly. Thanks for your help

9. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I bill monthly. When I first started out I did bill biweekly to have the cash flow. I started in Sept and went to once a month starting Jan. It did help me out a lot to get going though.

10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bill weekly works out well, this way the customers always know when they got serviced and can't argue, "hey you never came 4 mondays ago" or whatever.