1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

billing software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by vaacutabove, Jun 8, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I'm just to dumb for quick books. But I need a change of some kind I dread doing bills and entering receipts.
  2. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

3. fatz

fatz LawnSite Member

For automated invoicing and billing I use a program that I bought when I owned a web hosting company. It's geared more toward web hosting, but is pretty customizable and self hosted. So I customized it to fit my needs for automated invoicing and billing. If you would like more info on it, feel free to pm me.

METRO FS LawnSite Member

It sounds like Quicken Home & Business would work for you.
  5. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

We've used Quickbooks for the past 3 years now and it is worth every penny to us. Yes it was a nightmare to figure out and it did take a year or so to figure out all the odds and ends, but their support for us has been wonderful. Tax payments, payroll, everything is linked with our bank account and debit cards so you can see what is being spent on fuel, mower parts, etc.. The iphone app has been wonderful as well being able to access customer addresses/phone numbers that are in the system quickly while you are out in the field. About 90% of our customers have an email on file which makes sending estimates, and monthly invoices a breeze. They also have a feature to accept credit cards. By far the best system we've used IMO!
  6. imow in NC

imow in NC LawnSite Member

For the first 4 years I used lawnpro 3.13. it is good for scheduling but really sucks for accounting. This year I starting using QB and after a tremendous learning curve for me, it is working better than ever. It has many safeguards to prevent you from putting yourself into a tax liability and interacts well with my banking needs. Take your time. Learn every aspect you can about QB. It is an ACCOUNTING software and it can either help you or kill you.
  7. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

Different features are are really important to different folks. Billing, payments, invoicing, are ways your software interfaces with your customer. Then there's record keeping, tax planning, asset management and profit and loss statements. Those are metrics for your business. There are hundreds of options and as stated here Quickbooks is the 500lb gorilla and if you have an accountant they're probably familiar with it.

I wrote a blog post covering some of the existing and up and comers if want to just see a quick rundown and pricing info for things like freshbooks, jobber etc.

8. DooleyPyne

DooleyPyne LawnSite Member

Qucikbooks is where its at. We have wasted thousands of dollars on other programs (Service CEO) and they are all garbage. Very confusing and a lot of start up integration.
  9. AdkadTechnologies

AdkadTechnologies Sponsor

If you haven't tried our free demo we encourage you to do so - we also have snow removal software as well - Blizzard Buster - http://www.adkad.com
  10. imow in NC

imow in NC LawnSite Member

I have downloaded your demo lawn software and have a question. is it possible to load customer information into this software utilizing a *.csv file?