Billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Fubba, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Do you all use billing software or create it all yourself? If software, which one? I need to start making bills and was wondering how all of you did it. Thanks.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

There are some pretty good programs out there, which you can sample for free, such as Groundskeeper & Gopher. Also, I know a lot of people use Quickbooks. I have also seen basic invoicing software at Staples/office depot for like $10.00

3. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Check on Microsoft, they might have what your looking for and its free. Also Quicken is cheap and you can do you bookeeping too. Good Luck.

4. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Do a search on Quick Books and one on Gopher. That will keep you busy researching for a few days. LOL

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

www.alocet.com is another one. I personally use Lawn Monkey by Alocet and love it...most of it. The only thing I don't agree with is the high-priced upgrade charges. It's hard to get through on the phone for tech support (unless it's early in the morning), but they usually always get back with you within 24 hours.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I started out Using Excel....and had a database set up and it tracked the invoices as well. But I ened up switched to Quickbooks. Well worth it. I loved it. I was able to actualy get my wife to do my invoices for me...

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Quickbooks too,
    go to E-bay and get it from there, borrow a student Id and get it for less than half the cost, my 04 version of QB pro was 80 bucks with my sons student Id card, I just blocked the picture when I faxed it to them. :D
    here's the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/INTUIT-QUICKBOO...5805834171QQcategoryZ3769QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem