1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

do you guys what and bill services at the end of the month or bill out when you do the service?

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I do monthly on the accounts that get other maintenance services and the others get a bill mailed ASAP.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Depends on what you are billing for.

Weekly mowing I bill once a month and mail them out on the 1st

Landscape jobs for non customers get the hand reached out palm side up. Job is done now pay up sucker! Seriously I see if they will aprove the job and pay before I leave or I send them a bill before the week is over.

Landscape jobs for customers I try to get some money down and the rest upon completion. Depending on the amount I'll wait till the end of the month and bill it with the mowings. Hedge trimming gets billed with mowings too.

4. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

I mail my bills the day of service, used to hang em on the doors on the day of service but had problems with people stealing and lowballing and so on so forth. Its a dirty business in my part of town with certain companies.

GL.

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Depends what service you're talking about. I'd say mowing is typically done monthly, but for pest. apps, MI state law requires a "statement of service" outlining application specifics, so it's common to roll this into an invoice and leave it all on site. 2,000 applications made last season, lost ONE to the wind. You'll get paid a lot quicker, too, if you leave it at time of service.

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i bill at the service. put in mail box.
    i have 10 routes and i know each mail man/lady and they don't bother my invoices in the box